Wednesday, July 26
On the Floor Today: 4 Suspensions & 1 Rule Bill (PDF)
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. First votes expected: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Last votes expected: 10:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
1) H.R. 3210 - SECRET Act of 2017 (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Steve Knight (R-CA) | Oversight and Government Reform Committee
Topline Summary: This bill requires the Director of the National Background Investigations Bureau to submit a report on the backlog of personnel security clearance investigations.
2) H.R. 2370 - Escambia County Land Conveyance Act (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) | Natural Resources Committee
Topline Summary: This bill authorizes Escambia County, Florida to convey to other entities certain property that it received from the federal government, specifically the properties were part of the Santa Rosa Island National Monument (now abolished) and transferred to Escambia County in 1947 for public purposes.
3) H.R. 1927 - African American Civil Rights Network Act of 2017, as amended (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. William Lacy Clay (R-MO) | Natural Resources Committee
Topline Summary: This bill authorizes the National Park Service (NPS) to establish an African American Civil Rights Network.
4) H.Res. 317 - Calling for the unconditional release of United States citizens and legal permanent resident aliens being held for political purposes by the Government of Iran, as amended (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Illeana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) | Foreign Affairs Committee
Topline Summary: This resolution highlights the cases of several Americans being held prisoner by Iran.
1 Rule Bill
1) H.R. 3219 - Make America Secure Appropriations Act, 2018, as amended (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) | Appropriations Committee
Topline Summary: This bill includes funding provisions from four individual appropriations bills – Defense, Legislative Branch, Military Construction/Veterans Affairs, and Energy and Water – and an amendment that will be added to fully fund the President’s request for the border wall.