Week of March 27, 2017
Monday, March 27th
The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for morning hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
1) H.R. 1117 - To require the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to submit a report regarding certain plans regarding assistance to applicants and grantees during the response to an emergency or disaster (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-MO) | Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
Topline Summary: This bill directs FEMA to foster more open communications between disaster response operations and affected communities after an emergency or diaster by providing more transparency, increased consistency, and better assistance during the recovery phase.
2) H.R. 1214 - Disaster SAVE Act, as amended (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Lou Barletta (R-PA) | Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
Topline Summary: This bill temporarily increases FEMA's simplified projects threshold for disaster recovery public assistance to $500,000
3) H.R. 654 - Pacific Northwest Earthquake Preparedness Act of 2017 (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR) | Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
Topline Summary: This bill directs the Administrator of FEMA to carry out a plan for the purchase and installation of an earthquake early warning system for the Cascadia Subduction Zone.
Tuesday, March 28th
The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
1 Rule Bill
1) S.J.Res. 34 - Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission relating to Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services (PDF)
Sponsor: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) | Energy and Commerce Committee
Topline Summary: This bill disapproves and nullifies the rule issued by the FCC of December 2, 2016 that established specific privacy rules for Internet Service Providers
Wednesday, March 29th and the Balance of the Week
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for morning hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m for legislative business.
On Friday, no votes are expected in the House
1 Rule Bill
1) H.R. 1430 - Honest and Open New EPA Science Treatment Act of 2017 (PDF)
Sponsor: Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) | Science, Space, and Technology Committee
Topline Summary: This bill prohibits the EPA from proposing, finalizing, or disseminating regulations or assessments based upon science that is not publicly available.
*Additional Legislative Items Are Possible*